Thunderbird Landing Rules of Conduct Supplement – January 1, 2022
UPON MOVING INTO APARTMENT
1. Tenants must pay their “Hassle Free” utility payment on or before the rental payment due date for each semester
2. All tenants must fill out a “Condition and Inventory Sheet” about the apartment. (Obtain from the manager upon arrival.) Tenants will be charged for all damages not listed on the sheet. Inventory sheets will only be accepted during the first two weeks of occupancy.
3. All tenants having a car will need a parking permit. (Obtain from the manager upon arrival.) Only cars with official parking tag may park in the parking area or risk being “booted” or towed. All visitors must park on the street. The parking tag must be turned in when the school year is over, or tenant will be charged $10, taken from deposit. One parking permit will be issued per tenant.
4. No Tenant shall move into the premises without first checking in with Management, when a key will be issued. There will be a $10 charge for each lost key.
5. No dogs, cats, fish, or other animals will be allowed in or on the premises or grounds at any time, whether permanent or temporary, whether belonging to Tenants, guests or others. Violation of this section shall provide Landlord with the following remedy: Tenant agrees to pay the Landlord a Fine of $150.00. Tenant agrees to be responsible for the cost, both labor and materials, of replacing ALL carpet & pad in the premises upon Management’s request. Violation of this rule constitutes a violation of the lease which cannot be brought into compliance and is grounds for EVICTION.
6. Possession or use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco, e-cigarettes, hooka, or any illegal substance in the apartment, or on the premises, is strictly prohibited. This applies to both residents and their guests. Management may impound alcoholic beverages, tobacco, e-cigarettes, hooka, or any illegal substance found on the premises. Any impounded item can be reclaimed from management within thirty days from the date of impound. After thirty days, impounded items may be destroyed. Violation of this section shall provide Landlord with the following remedy: Tenant agrees to pay the Landlord a Fine of $500.00. Violation of this section constitutes a violation of the Rental Agreement which cannot be brought into compliance and is grounds for EVICTION.
7. Mattresses, screens and all other furnishings are to remain within the apartment at all times. Only Management is authorized to remove them. There shall be no tampering with screens, electrical systems or any other fixtures.
8. Gasoline, fireworks or other combustible materials are not to be stored on the premises. Nothing shall be stored in the furnace rooms as this could be a fire hazard. Open flames of any kind are not permitted inside apartments.
9. Tenants and guests are to remain off the roofs of the apartments.
10. There are to be no waterbeds without written approval by the Management.
11. Automobiles and motorcycles may be driven or parked only in designated areas, never on lawns or sidewalks. Snowmobiles, water vehicles, and trailers of any kind are strictly prohibited on the premises. There shall be no major repairs or disassembling on the premises.
12. No party shall violate local, state or national laws or health codes.
13. Disorderly conduct which disturbs the peace, including shouting, loud music, noise, boisterous parties, pranks, indoor wrestling, rowdy behavior or any activities creating a nuisance or endangering the health or safety of individuals or damaging property is strictly prohibited.
14. Tenants agree to inform Management of any occurrence of disturbing, destructive, hazardous, unlawful or suspicious activities on or near the premises, and Management agrees to strictly enforce all rules and regulations according to its best judgment.
15. Do not park motorcycles, bikes, or cars on the sidewalks. Do not lock bikes to light poles or gas meters. If bikes are stored inside the apartment, care should be taken that they do not scratch/scuff the walls or stain the carpets.
16. Barbecue grills are not allowed within 25ft of any of the Thunderbird Landing Apartment buildings.
17. Vehicles must be operable at all times, and must be moved from parking lots upon notice from the manager for snow removal, etc.
18. Any overnight visitors must receive approval from the manager. Live-ins and unauthorized visitors are strictly prohibited. Individual apartments are NOT co-ed and overnight visitors of the opposite sex are strictly prohibited.
19. Vacuums are available at the manager’s residence. To borrow a vacuum you need to bring in your Driver’s License or SUU ID and trade it for a vacuum. Please return the vacuum within one hour.
20. Please keep filter screens cleared of debris in the bottom of your dishwasher. If the dishwasher motor jams or hums, turn the dishwasher off and immediately call the manager. If the motor burns out due to jammed debris, the motor will be replaced at the Tenants’ expense.
21. Please report jammed garbage disposals to the manager. If the disposal motor burns out due to tenant negligence, the motor will be replaced at the Tenants’ expense.
22. Do not remove window screens except in emergencies or to wash windows. Any bent or broken screens will be replaced at Tenants’ expense.
23. Please help keep the grounds free of litter. Tenants will be held responsible for garbage around or in the apartments. All personal property of the tenants must be stored in the apartments.
24. Any tenant who does not pass inspection at check-out time will be charged the necessary amount to hire a cleaning crew.
25. Do not poke holes in walls exceeding pinhole size or you will be charged.
26. If a tenant needs to sell his/her contract, written permission must be obtained from the Management prior to and following the sale. Tenants are responsible for selling their own contracts and collecting rent payments (if any) from the buyer. Management will not be involved in the sale of contracts for tenants or handling rent payment agreements between the buyer and seller unless otherwise agreed upon by Management. If applicable, upon completion of the contract sale, seller will be refunded his/her deposit from the Management (minus a $50 cancellation fee and/or any other deductions applicable). No rent is refunded to seller from Management.
27. Any violation of contract will result in a warning. A second violation will result in eviction except in extreme circumstances where Management deems necessary to evict on first violation (Ex: smoking, fighting, use of illegal substances).